Thursday, May 28, 2015

This Email is Late This Week Because I Was Away

The people in Hull are really diverse. We're teaching a few lad's from different parts of Africa. There's this one guy, his name is Olif and he is from The Congo, and his native tongue is French, so he always wants to talk to me in French. Funny enough actually this week I've probably talked to a good fifteen or twenty people in French, at church and on the streets, which is really cool. I am so surprised at the amount of words and phrases and sentence structures that I remember! When I told Olif that I hadn't spoken french since I was about 15 he didn't believe me. 

But there are people from Ghana, from France, a lot from Poland, from Romania, and tons of other places that I've met already in Hull my first two weeks here. Plus we meet a lot of University students from all over the UK and other places because we live right by the university. It's great.

This week was zone conference again, so we went back to Leeds to the Cross Gates chapel on Thursday for that. The Conference basically took up our whole day because it took forever to travel and then the conference was really long. I really enjoyed it though. My companion Elder Stahle, it was his first zone conference and it was really funny because he doesn't know too many missionaries yet, and I was just reminded of my first zone conference like a month into my mission where I went with Elder Jaeger and I was shocked how many missionaries he knew, and now I go to these things and I know a lot of the missionaries there and I love it. It's a lot of fun to get to meet up with guys that I served near and were in my zone at one point, it's really fun to just talk and catch up with these guys. 

Also Elder Jaeger is going home at the end of this transfer, so about a month from now, and this conference might have been the last time I'll see him before he goes home which is crazy, so we took some pictures. 

We taught a guy on a park bench yesterday near his house and he wants to be baptized, his name is Liam and he has I think it's called Asbergers, I don't really know how to spell it, but that form of Autism, but he is really nice and is looking for something to fill a hole in his life, and he thinks this might be it. There are a few other people we've had really powerful lessons with this week as well, and I love being able to teach with the Spirit. 

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Thompson
 
Elder Wright

Elder Wilkins

Elder Jaeger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment