Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Another Move!

Hi guys!

So, as you may have noticed by the lack of e-mails yesterday...    it's transfers this week! 
I have :
1. A new assignment - I've been called to be a district leader
2. A new area - I'm moving! To Huddersfield 1
3. A new companion! His name is Elder Ma'a and he's from American Samoa! Apparently he's another big islander guy, but not as big as Elder Faingata'a, and he's been on his mission for only 2 months or so. I'm going to finish training him. 

So a lot of things are changing this transfer! I'm excited but I'm also nervous. Kind of like when I came out on my mission.

But yeah, so don't send anything to Haworth Street, because I'm moving out of that house tomorrow. 

This week was good though! Elder Duff is feeling okay, but his health issues are long lasting so his next companion (which is Elder Diaz btw, who lived in North Shields with me my first transfer) is going to have to take it really easy with him. I'm definitely going to miss Elder Duff though, we would always sing together! It reminded me of singing with Alex actually! 

So yesterday I had to take a train to Leeds to go to a training meeting for new District Leaders, and it was great. I learn so many valuable things whenever I get a chance to meet with President and receive instruction. I have learned a greater amount of life long valuable knowledge and information and advice and council on my mission than I have in the rest of my life combined. Yesterday a great deal of the meeting was talking about Moral Authority - how basically you can't teach/tell somebody to do something that you yourself are not trying your hardest to do as well. Leaders need to lead by example and not by telling others what to do. The greatest example of a Leader of course is the Lord Jesus Christ, and they advised us to continue to study his life and develop his qualities and attributes. 

And mama: that quote from Elder Holland ''So today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorrow we have ever known, every discouragement we have ever had, every fear we have ever faced'' is really good. The concept of the atonement of Christ as a healing and cleansing power is the message of peace that we share with people every day. The Gospel or the ''good news'' of Christ's atonement is that because he suffered and died for our pains, sins, temptation afflictions, hardships, and every other negative feeling or emotion we have ever felt - we don't have to have the pain of any of those things weigh us down any more. The miracle of the Gospel is that because he did that we are able to have lasting happiness and peace in our lives, a peace that can not come any other way. There is no other way nor means whereby a man can enter into the kingdom of God, save through Jesus Christ. There is also no greater amount of happiness we can find in anything in our lives than what we can find in the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

 
So yeah. I'm moving areas again. This next area will be my fourth area, and I'll be with my 7th companion, and it's gonna be another big Polynesian guy! 
 
Huddersfield is just South of Leeds, but it has it's own stake. I'm honestly pretty excited to go there - but i'm also really sad to leave some of the people here in Hull. There's quite a few members here who I really like and who I'm sad to leave. 

Anyways I do have a few pictures to send, I can't remember what of yet - but you'll see. 

Love you guys! Hope you all have a good week! 

Elder Thompson
Elder Duff and I and some youth from our ward


No comments:

Post a Comment